[CentOS-mirror] discussion about ipv6 availability for msync.centos.org

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Tue May 24 07:39:51 UTC 2016

On 24/05/16 08:22, Kasparek Tomas wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 01:52:50PM +0900, Andrew Yong wrote:
>> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:
>>> Just a status update about ipv6 for msync.centos.org
>>> As of today, we now have 30 nodes (out of 69) having ipv6 connectivity
>>> on the nodes behind msync.centos.org
>>> Instead of just advertising the AAAA record for msync I'd like to
>>> implement it through a specific record (maybe like msync-v6.centos.org)
>>>
>>> The reason  is that if you have ipv6 and that we don't have your ipv6
>>> address in the whitelist, I'm afraid that rsync will try over ipv6
>>> directly, and so would be blocked as long as we don't have the proper
>>> ACL in place for ipv6 mirrors
>
> Please add IPv6 for merlin.fit.vutbr.cz (CZ):
>
> kasparek at pckasparek: ~$ host merlin.fit.vutbr.cz
> merlin.fit.vutbr.cz has address 147.229.176.19
> kasparek at pckasparek: ~$ host merlin6.fit.vutbr.cz
> merlin6.fit.vutbr.cz has IPv6 address 2001:67c:1220:8b0::93e5:b013
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for the notification : if you had a AAAA record for
merlin.fit.vutbr.cz, it would have been added automatically (see
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror-announce/2016-May/000023.html).
I've added your IPv6 address in the ACL so please test that it works in
the next 30 minutes

Also worth knowing that now msync.centos.org has AAAA record, so no need
to use/test msync6.centos.org (which will even disappear as it was there
for initial testing)

Cheers,

--
Fabian Arrotin