[CentOS-mirror] Switch Source IP: mirror.linuxfix.com

Brian Downey bdowney at thelinuxfix.com
Sat Oct 15 18:17:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-12 13:15, Anssi Johansson wrote:

> The mirror seems a bit incomplete. For example, these directories are
> empty:
> http://mirror.linuxfix.com/centos/7.2.1511/os/x86_64/Packages/
> http://mirror.linuxfix.com/centos/7.2.1511/isos/x86_64/
> http://mirror.linuxfix.com/centos/6.8/os/x86_64/Packages/
> http://mirror.linuxfix.com/centos/5.11/os/x86_64/CentOS/
> and there are no TIME/timestamp.txt files in the root directory.
>
> Perhaps you could rsync from some nearby mirror first. Do note that
> https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors also states that
> "for your first synchronization, you should use one of the external
> mirrors providing rsync access. You can find that list here:
> http://centos.org/download/mirrors/

I think we figured it out.  The mirror we selected for the initial sync
wasn't allowing us complete the entire rsync for some reason
(mirrors.kernel.org), it'd just hang up on us at about half way.

We switched over to Berkeley's and it seems to be up to date now.   All
the files, isos, and timestamp.txt seem to be there and up to date now.

Thanks!
-Brian