[CentOS-mirror] Switch Source IP: mirror.linuxfix.com

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Sat Oct 15 19:51:58 UTC 2016

15.10.2016, 21.17, Brian Downey kirjoitti:
> On 2016-10-12 13:15, Anssi Johansson wrote:
>

>> The mirror seems a bit incomplete. For example, these directories are
>> empty:
>> http://mirror.linuxfix.com/centos/7.2.1511/os/x86_64/Packages/
>> http://mirror.linuxfix.com/centos/7.2.1511/isos/x86_64/
>> http://mirror.linuxfix.com/centos/6.8/os/x86_64/Packages/
>> http://mirror.linuxfix.com/centos/5.11/os/x86_64/CentOS/
>> and there are no TIME/timestamp.txt files in the root directory.
>>
>> Perhaps you could rsync from some nearby mirror first. Do note that
>> https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors also states that
>> "for your first synchronization, you should use one of the external
>> mirrors providing rsync access. You can find that list here:
>> http://centos.org/download/mirrors/
>
> I think we figured it out.  The mirror we selected for the initial sync
> wasn't allowing us complete the entire rsync for some reason
> (mirrors.kernel.org), it'd just hang up on us at about half way.
>
> We switched over to Berkeley's and it seems to be up to date now.   All
> the files, isos, and timestamp.txt seem to be there and up to date now.

Thanks, looks better now. But I'm afraid there are still some things
that will need tweaking:

$ telnet mirror.linuxfix.com ftp
Trying 2001:1890:1375:1202::2...
telnet: connect to address 2001:1890:1375:1202::2: Connection refused
Trying 69.10.161.5...
telnet: connect to address 69.10.161.5: No route to host

$ telnet mirror.linuxfix.com rsync
Trying 2001:1890:1375:1202::2...
telnet: connect to address 2001:1890:1375:1202::2: Connection refused
Trying 69.10.161.5...
telnet: connect to address 69.10.161.5: Connection refused