[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror in Johannesburg, South Africa

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Fri Mar 31 08:32:55 UTC 2017

31.3.2017, 5.51, admin at mirror.ng kirjoitti:
> HTTP: https://mirror.za.web4africa.net/centos/
> FTP: ftp://mirror.za.web4africa.net/centos/
> RSYNC: rsync://mirror.za.web4africa.net/centos/
>
> Sync schedule: Every 6 hrs
> Bandwidth: 1 Gbps
> Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
> Sponsor: Web4Africa
> Sponsor URL: https://www.web4africa.net
> IPv4 address to authorize:  169.255.59.156
> IPv6 address to authorize:  2c0f:f598::156
> Email contact: admin at mirror.ng
> Mirroring AltArch  : no

Hi, this mirror has now been added. We don't currently support https for
mirrors, so I used http instead of https for the URL.

It appears that there are some problems with your rsync:

$ rsync rsync://mirror.za.web4africa.net/centos/
Welcome to Web4Africa’s South Africa Mirror Service.

More information can be found at our web site:
https://mirror.za.web4africa.net
Please send comments or questions to info at web4africa.net

@ERROR: chdir failed
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1516) [Receiver=3.0.9]

You may want to have a look at this. Thanks :)