[CentOS-mirror] Upcoming new public IP address for mirror.umd.edu

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Thu Jul 12 16:11:14 UTC 2018

Moshe M. Katz kirjoitti 12.7.2018 klo 18.22:
> Hello,
>
> We just received new hardware for mirror.umd.edu <http://mirror.umd.edu>
> (about 8 years overdue to replace our failing 12 year old hardware),
> which will be installed in a different datacenter on our campus than we
> are currently using, which means that our IP address will be changing.
>
> The new IP address will be: 128.8.133.9
>
> We would like to get our new IP added to the whitelist for rsync so that
> we can make this switch.
>
> Please do not remove the old IP (129.2.73.2) yet from the whitelist, as
> we will be having both machines run for a while to ensure everything is
> working before we do the switch.

Yes, 12 year old hardware sounds impressive..

I've now added 128.8.133.9 to the whitelist so you should now be able to
sync using the new IP address. I've also set the old IP address to
expire automatically in November so it won't be forgotten. I think this
is sufficient, but if not, the date can certainly be adjusted.