[CentOS-mirror] remove ftp.upcnet.ro from mirrorlist

Thu May 17 16:29:18 UTC 2018
Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org>

Gergely, Imre kirjoitti 17.5.2018 klo 16.09:
> Hi
>
> It took longer than anticipated but I've got the hardware issues sorted out. As it was a storage failure, I need to resync everything from zero. I'm using the same command to do the sync'ing:
>
> $RSYNC -vazH --numeric-ids \
>         --delete --delete-excluded --delete-after --delay-updates \
>         eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS \
>         $MIRROR_DIR/centos.org/
>
> but all I get is:
>
> @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'
> rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1503) [receiver=3.0.6]
>
> I tried multiple hosts: centosp7, centosk7, centosc8, they all say the same thing. I saw someone complaining about this a week ago on Fedora mailing list, he was directed here, but didn't send anything.
>
> My IP address is 78.96.7.8, maybe it needs to be added back to the ACL ?

This was sorted out today on Freenode #centos-mirror, but for the
record: msync.c.o is designed for incremental syncs for active mirrors,
and because ftp.upcnet.ro was marked as disabled it got also removed
from the ACL. It has been marked as active again, so rsyncs from
eu-msync.centos.org should work again.

If there are mirrors that need to be set up again from scratch, doing
the initial sync (again) from some other external mirror is a good idea.
Many of the external mirrors have way more bandwidth than the
msync.centos.org nodes.