[CentOS-mirror] remove ftp.upcnet.ro from mirrorlist

Thu May 17 17:41:34 UTC 2018
Gergely, Imre <imre.gergely at upc.ro>

On 2018-05-17 19:29, Anssi Johansson wrote:
Gergely, Imre kirjoitti 17.5.2018 klo 16.09:
Hi

It took longer than anticipated but I've got the hardware issues sorted out. As it was a storage failure, I need to resync everything from zero. I'm using the same command to do the sync'ing:

$RSYNC -vazH --numeric-ids \
        --delete --delete-excluded --delete-after --delay-updates \
        eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS \
        $MIRROR_DIR/centos.org/

but all I get is:

@ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1503) [receiver=3.0.6]

I tried multiple hosts: centosp7, centosk7, centosc8, they all say the same thing. I saw someone complaining about this a week ago on Fedora mailing list, he was directed here, but didn't send anything.

My IP address is 78.96.7.8, maybe it needs to be added back to the ACL ?

This was sorted out today on Freenode #centos-mirror, but for the record: msync.c.o is designed for incremental syncs for active mirrors, and because ftp.upcnet.ro<ftp://ftp.upcnet.ro> was marked as disabled it got also removed from the ACL. It has been marked as active again, so rsyncs from eu-msync.centos.org should work again.

If there are mirrors that need to be set up again from scratch, doing the initial sync (again) from some other external mirror is a good idea. Many of the external mirrors have way more bandwidth than the msync.centos.org nodes.