[CentOS-mirror] AltArch Considerations

Ryan Becker

rb14060 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:33:04 UTC 2018

I had been running a mirror in Dallas for a while that eventually fell out
of sync and was removed from the mirror list. I was looking at starting the
mirror back up and getting it listed again, but I remembered seeing a
thread a couple months ago stating that there was a need for more AltArch
mirrors. There is already a regular mirror in the same location as mine,
but there is no AltArch mirror anywhere close to it. With that in mind,
would it make more sense to discontinue the regular mirror and setup the
AltArch mirror instead? I know disk space requirements are about the same
so I wouldn't mind doing that.