[CentOS-mirror] Reinclusion request for altarch mirror in Thailand

Mon Dec 16 09:38:41 UTC 2019
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 16/12/2019 10:30, Patrick Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the absence of any response I think we'll just return this to being a
> firewalled private mirror for our own uses. It's no skin of my nose, but
> I do however feel compelled to say that I find it pretty impolite to
> remove our mirror and blacklist our IP with no form of communication or
> reason.
>
> I also note than a number of Thailand based mirrors have been removed,
> not only ours, from the mirror list, yet they still appear to be online
> and working. There must be some reason for this. Just asking.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Probably missing the whole context, but as said I don't see your mirror
referenced anywhere in our DB before, and can't find any mail on this
mailing-list archive either (happy to be proved wrong)

There is no problem being a private mirror either, but then of course
not allowed in the ACL.
All altarch mirrors are *also* public mirrors (so the way current mirror
crawler consider a node current is by checking first the normal mirror
content *and* only then altarch *if* flagged as altarch mirror too)

So if you can/want to be official centos mirror for all, that can happen :)

Also, the "impolite" sentence sounds rude, considering that mirror was
never in our DB it seems

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab