[CentOS-mirror] msync.centos.org v6 address available? WAS: Add IPv6

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Mon Feb 4 18:53:01 UTC 2019

ariel sabiguero yawelak kirjoitti 4.2.2019 klo 20.45:
> Hi.
>
> I am unable to reach msync from my mirror through IPv6. It simply does
> not resolve:

We simply don't have any IPv6-capable msync servers in South America.
The few servers we have in South America only have IPv4. We figured that
in this case mirrors from South America would prefer to use IPv4 for
syncing, instead of syncing from some other continent over IPv6.

If there are people reading this message who could donate an
IPv6-capable server in South America, https://wiki.centos.org/Donate has
some pointers for how to move forward (with appropriate contact details;
note that I'm not the one who manages the donated servers). Asia is also
in a similar IPv4-only situation.