[CentOS-mirror] [Ticket#2019020404000312] msync.centos.org v6 address available? WAS: Add IPv6

CEDIA FOSS Mirrors

mirror at cedia.org.ec
Tue Feb 5 13:01:19 UTC 2019

hi Anssi
we are IPv6 capable with [1]https://mirror.cedia.org.ec, if you would like us
to setup a different mirror to act as msync.centos.org in dual stack, we are
glad to help.

regards
epe

Ernesto Perez --
CSIRT-CEDIA

Ladrón de Guevara E11-253 y Andalucía, EPN, Casa Patrimonial. Quito - Ecuador
Telf: (593) 7 407 9300 Ext. 115
csirt at cedia.org.ec / [2]https://csirt.cedia.org.ec

02/04/2019 14:00 - Anssi Johansson wrote: ariel sabiguero yawelak kirjoitti
4.2.2019 klo 20.45:
> Hi.
>
> I am unable to reach msync from my mirror through IPv6. It simply does
> not resolve:

We simply don't have any IPv6-capable msync servers in South America.
The few servers we have in South America only have IPv4. We figured that
in this case mirrors from South America would prefer to use IPv4 for
syncing, instead of syncing from some other continent over IPv6.

If there are people reading this message who could donate an
IPv6-capable server in South America, [3]https://wiki.centos.org/Donate has
some pointers for how to move forward (with appropriate contact details;
note that I'm not the one who manages the donated servers). Asia is also
in a similar IPv4-only situation.

[1] https://mirror.cedia.org.ec
[2] https://csirt.cedia.org.ec
[3] https://wiki.centos.org/Donate