[CentOS-mirror] CentOS Mirror @ Facebook

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Thu Feb 7 12:30:05 UTC 2019

On 07/02/2019 07:03, Anssi Johansson wrote:
> Phil Dibowitz kirjoitti 7.2.2019 klo 1.46:
>> We seem to have fallen off of the list because the contact address
>> changed.
>> Sorry about that. Lets re-register!
<snip>
>> And, in theory debuginfo:
>>    HTTP: http://mirror.facebook.net/centos-debuginfo/
>>    RSYNC: rsync://mirror.facebook.net/centos-debuginfo/
>
> Welcome back! You can now rsync from rsync://msync.centos.org/CentOS and
> rsync://msync.centos.org/altarch for those contents.
>
> As for debuginfo, we don't currently have a list where we could add your
> debuginfo mirror, and setting that up will require a few changes in
> various places on our side. We'll get back to this once the initial
> framework for mirroring debuginfo has been set up. Thanks!

It's true that we never had any plan for rsync/debuginfo, but I got some
requests for this ..
Actually our (donated) nodes pool for debuginfo is too small for this
and to let everybody rsync content from us (also why we had to setup an
ACL for the ::CentOS and ::altarch modules/targets)

Now, wondering if we can still (while we work on a better way) allow
some specific IPs, and publicly announce that for the time being,
everybody can rsync from , for example,
rsync://mirror.facebook.net/centos-debuginfo/ ?  Would that work for
everybody ?
I remember that last week, CERN was also keen on mirroring debuginfo and
share it publicly.

So far, that's the only thing we can do directly to "unblock" this
(while still waiting on some well connected sponsored nodes with enough
storage)

PS : the current debuginfo store disk usage is ~1.4TiB , nothing more

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab