[CentOS-mirror] OT: the goal of this list

Valeri Galtsev

galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 14 12:48:11 UTC 2019

Dear All,

I just have noticed that I throw away all that comes through this list before I even comprehend what particular message is about. I first thought badly about myself, as I know my subscription here is for receiving something viral/critical as public mirror maintainer.

However, I finally realized that it is not because I’m this bad, it is just human nature: most of the message carry nothing I need to know. And I only write because I realized that when something really critical will be sent to all mirror maintainer, large part of them will just throw away that critical message as the routinely do it with majority of messages sent through thin list.

I hope, this my message will be helpful.

Valeri

PS As list maintainer, I will stay duly subscribed to this list.

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago
Phone: 773-702-4247