[CentOS-promo] Re: centos at linuxtag

Thu May 17 13:57:50 UTC 2007
Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net>

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Axel Thimm wrote:
>> Yes, you need to apply for it until the 16th (and pay for it, of
>> course).
>>
>> http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/fileadmin/linuxtag/downloads/aussteller/mappe/H5-Ausstellungsgut-Versicherung.pdf
>>
>> Unfortunately in German, I couldn't find an Englisch translation, I
>> think there is none :/
>
> There's still the option to apply for it later (the date is "two weeks
> before the expo begins"), if - and only then - no claim are there/no
> damage has happened before the expo (like problems with transport).
>
> Insurance is 3 one-tenth of a percent of the value of the equipment. For
> easily breakable stuff (monitors, terminals, glass), they add 10
> one-tenth of a percent (where the hell is that character on my
> keyboard?) to it. At least EUR 50,- have to be paid (that would
> correspond to a value of ~ EUR 5.000, if I'm not mistaken).

I think you may be - 3 one-tenth implies to me 0.3 %  which for 5000
would be 150

Maybe we need say 2000 euros of cover for 60 euros - which CentOS project
can repay by paypal if someone lays it out.

Or do we need more ??

> If something happens, 25% of the value have to be paid by us.
>
> Plus there is a general liability insurance (EUR 82,-/week) and an
> accident insurance (EUR 10,- per person per week) available.

Do we need those ???

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.