[CentOS-promo] Re: centos at linuxtag

Thu May 17 14:13:19 UTC 2007
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Lance Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> >Insurance is 3 one-tenth of a percent of the value of the equipment. For
> >easily breakable stuff (monitors, terminals, glass), they add 10
> >one-tenth of a percent (where the hell is that character on my
> >keyboard?) to it. At least EUR 50,- have to be paid (that would
> >correspond to a value of ~ EUR 5.000, if I'm not mistaken).
>
> I think you may be - 3 one-tenth implies to me 0.3 %  which for 5000
> would be 150

I already added the 1% for breakable stuff ...

So it's 1.3% - which still doesn't add up, true :)

EUR 65,- for insuring EUR 5,000,-.

> Maybe we need say 2000 euros of cover for 60 euros - which CentOS project
> can repay by paypal if someone lays it out.

The insurance includes personal stuff of the exhibitors (Notebooks,
PDAs, Smartphones, whatever). So I think EUR 2,000 isn't enough. But see
above.

> >If something happens, 25% of the value have to be paid by us.
> >
> >Plus there is a general liability insurance (EUR 82,-/week) and an
> >accident insurance (EUR 10,- per person per week) available.
>
> Do we need those ???

Does everyone have a liability insurance of those attending there? Those
might be paid privately, I think.

I'd be able to lay out the money beforehand and if nobody disagrees will
collect liability insurance (82/6 persons) and accident insurance (10*6
persons) personally. It would be great if CentOS would repay the theft
insurance.

Opinions?

Ralph