[CentOS-promo] Re: centos at linuxtag

Thu May 17 16:24:23 UTC 2007
Lance Davis <lance at centos.org>

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Lance Davis wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 May 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>> Insurance is 3 one-tenth of a percent of the value of the equipment. For
>>> easily breakable stuff (monitors, terminals, glass), they add 10
>>> one-tenth of a percent (where the hell is that character on my
>>> keyboard?) to it. At least EUR 50,- have to be paid (that would
>>> correspond to a value of ~ EUR 5.000, if I'm not mistaken).
>>
>> I think you may be - 3 one-tenth implies to me 0.3 %  which for 5000
>> would be 150
>
> I already added the 1% for breakable stuff ...
>
> So it's 1.3% - which still doesn't add up, true :)
>
> EUR 65,- for insuring EUR 5,000,-.

looks like I got a decimal point wrong as well ...

>> Maybe we need say 2000 euros of cover for 60 euros - which CentOS project
>> can repay by paypal if someone lays it out.
>
> The insurance includes personal stuff of the exhibitors (Notebooks,
> PDAs, Smartphones, whatever). So I think EUR 2,000 isn't enough. But see
> above.

We need to see the cost of stuff from the university ??

Plus we are still liable for 25% of the value ...

Would that liability be taken personally for personal equipment ?? But
would that liability need to be taken by theproject for the stuff from the
uni ??

>>> If something happens, 25% of the value have to be paid by us.
>>>
>>> Plus there is a general liability insurance (EUR 82,-/week) and an
>>> accident insurance (EUR 10,- per person per week) available.
>>
>> Do we need those ???
>
> Does everyone have a liability insurance of those attending there? Those
> might be paid privately, I think.
>
> I'd be able to lay out the money beforehand and if nobody disagrees will
> collect liability insurance (82/6 persons) and accident insurance (10*6
> persons) personally. It would be great if CentOS would repay the theft
> insurance.

Centos has no issue paying the others as well if they are needed.

But it is also best to not leaver stuff valuable unattended , to avoid
harming 3rd parties and to be careful in case of accidents :)

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.