[CentOS-promo] Fosdem 2008 materials ..

Tue Jan 22 16:15:43 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> Wake up Folks ... :-)
>
> Here is a list of things that we need for the Fosdem  ... Add your item
> to the list if i forgot something ;-)
>
> - Flyers (after a discussion with Dag, it seems we have still enough.
> Dag : how much ? and can you bring them ?)

There are plenty of flyers. I think at least 500, not sure though. We have
been using the same supply now for a year.

> - Posters : the ones we used last year seems not usable anymore (iirc
> they were used also for the Linuxtag). is it possible to have newer
> ones ?

Definitely. But I think we won't have any in time though, especially if we
want to have them cheap and make money out of them. The design could take
some time that we are lacking.

> - Flag ? we discussed last year about the fact of having a CentOS flag
> that can be exposed on a wall/on the booth itself. Maybe this could be
> considered as an investment (lasts longer than a paper poster i
> think) .. but that's just my opinion ... ideas ?

A flag would be great and is probably doable to have before FOSDEM. I am
probably going to buy one myself for the events where I promote CentOS.

My only concern is the current SVG that is used for most of the artwork is
still not perfectly symmetrical. I made one which was symmetrical, but
that one had not the same dimensions (lines were less thick).

> - System/Monitor ? do we need a computer for the booth to stay powered
> on to show something (last year there was a dogtail script showing
> compiz on centos 5 beta) ... ideas ?

I bought a T41 for this purpose (and to use as a spare system for Brenda).
Sadly Brenda's laptop had some severe hardware issues and the T41 has been
'downgraded' with a T40 mainboard. I don't know how well the 3D works on
that one, but it worked very well on the T41 before.

I plan to install CentOS 5.1 on it and bring it for the booth.

This year I also plan to be more at the booth itself because I missed out
on most FOSDEM things because of my presentation and the meetings. I hope
with friday it will be different :)

- Stickers: I really want cheap stickers with the logo, CentOS and maybe a
slogan. In the worst case only the logo and CentOS. I would like to have
bigger ones (to put on the back of a laptop) and smaller ones to put on
other surfaces.

- Budget: All of the things we have mentioned needs a budget. We now that
facturing them is cheaper in bigger numbers, but without a real budget we
cannot estimate how much we want to invest. (yes, we have to invest in
promo)