[CentOS-promo] FrOSCon: Information and Request

Thu Jul 17 10:08:07 UTC 2008
Marcus Moeller <mm at gcug.de>

Dear Dag, Dear Tim,

>>> the

>>> I was planning on coming to FrOSCon but I will be moving to our new
>>> house in that period. So I won't be able to make it this year. I'll
>>> try to be there for next year.
>>>

>> I would like to offer my help on FrOSCon (as it's really nearby from here)
>> and be part of the CentOS booth. Is anyone else visiting FrOSCon?
>>

> Marcus,
>
> If you give me your wiki login I can give you write access on the FrOSCon
> page. So you can add yourself and help with the organisational stuff.

My wiki account is MarcusMoeller. But my first question is: because Tim does
not take part does not mean that the booth on FrOSCon is canceled?!

>        http://wiki.centos.org/Events/FrOSCon2008
>
> For the booth at LinuxTag we had:
>
>  - dedicated laptop+TFT screen for showing CentOS information to visitors
> (dag)
>  - dedicated laptop for demoing CentOS (ralph)
>  - posters, flyers and business cards (dag)
>  - CentOS DVD and LiveCD media (tim) to burn on-the-fly
>
> We also have German and English slides to show at the booth (for the idle
> systems) and python script to show off compiz that definitely could use some
> improvements. (I will add the latest material to the wiki this evening)
>
> My experience is that both at FrOSCon and LinuxTag it mostly has German
> attendees and therefor should have sufficient German-talking people.
> So your help is gratefully accepted ;-)

I could also provide a Desktop PC and a TFT for presentation.  Maybe I can
prepare some cool CentOS stickers.

Best Regards
Marcus