[CentOS-promo] CentOS 5.2 Promo

Wed Jun 25 02:02:20 UTC 2008
wonderer <wonderer4711 at gmx.de>

Hy all,

how about the Promotion of the 5.2 Release?
Here are some thoughts (sorry, I did'nt know the timeframe when is "the
plan" to get officialy online with that or is it already ... so its for
5.3 ;-) ).

several weeks before:
* what is new (collect Infos)
* make new banner
* make new "get CentOS 5.x NOW" Button
* prepare pressrelease (if major release)

2 weeks before
* make announcement to major PR agencies
* look in our own community (e.g. the guys who already use RH 5.x)

1 week before
* make announcements to online magazines
* send last pressarticles on the way

1-2 days before
* set up PlanetCentOS and our own Blogs
*  post on mailinglist
* post on other ezines, etc.

So, for 5.2 we need i think ASAP this things
The Artwork I can do, but I need some short infos on whats new and if
there should be pressreleases or "only" Centos Announcement,
PlanetCentOS and mailinglist...

regards
Henrik