[CentOS-promo] promo idea

Tue Feb 10 18:34:42 UTC 2009
Marcus Moeller <mm at gcug.de>

Good Evening.

>> > Do you have a proposal how local groups like that could be worked
>> > out? How large/small areas those groups should cover? What needs
>> > to be done from the CentOS team to support those groups? Which
>> > infrastructure is needed?
>>
>> Infrastructure needs: mailinglist for each team centos.org sub-domain
>> and web space with a wiki

I agree on that. CentOS should become a bit more international and we
are already working on it. E.g. I am currently evaluating phpBB for
localized forums (and any help on that is welcome).

The wiki already supports i18n and translators are really needed.

But Ralph, you are right. Who is going to do all that? We definitely
need more supporters and make things easier for contributors and new
members.

One step would be to open up the wiki and to establish the new forums
(which may happen this year :)

On the promo site, it would be great if we could give away more
promotion material for free (CDs, Stickers). I have noticed that not
everybody is happy if he/she is asked for a fund to get a CD/DVD
(especially if it's not the most current version of the distribution).

This should be possible due to funds.

Best Regards
Marcus