[CentOS-promo] promo idea

Mon Feb 16 01:58:47 UTC 2009
Tosh <toshlinux at gmail.com>

>> The teams are free to organise them self in the way they see most fit,
>> cultural differences make it impossible to have a unified structure.
>
> That depends on what you mean with "in the way they see most fit". I think
> there must be a set of rules conducting "wanted practice" when presenting
> at a fair/show/whatever. Same goes for content on websites.
>
>> Every team should have an "official" contact for communication between
>> teams, the public, press and the global CentOS team.
>
> Hmmmhmmmhmmmm again. That "press" thing doesn't go down to well with me. If
> someone on a regional team is going to do press, he has to be really well
> known to the core team.
>
> But yeah, I like the idea in general, if someone wants to push that. Can you
> bring those three paragraphs up there into something which can go through
> as a proposal?
>
> I like the idea, but I don't see the people doing that at the moment - if they
> are there I am more than glad to be proven wrong.

I would think a structure as following can be used to solve some
problems attributed here :

One worldwide promo leader with a backup person

each CentOS region with a regional leader (again with a backup leader)
=> both regional leaders need to know the worldwide promo leader and
backup and have some "close" contact

promo team members

regions are based on language and country/county (based on the size of
the country) as suggested already