[CentOS-promo] Talk at Fosdem

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Wed Jan 7 06:11:02 UTC 2009

Didi wrote:
> Hey
>
>> I've read your presentation available here (if i'm not wrong) :
>> http://dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/staff/ghoffman/papers/talks/Hepix08/hepix08.pdf
>
> This is a presentation I gave for managers at Hepix this has nothing
> to do with the talk I wanted to give at Fosdem. You are totally right
> in saying that this has nothing to do with an event like this. And I
> never indented to use any of these slides.
>
>> So can you clarify this a little bit on your side ?
> Even if it is not mentioned on the slides there are still Linux
> OpenLDAP server that I administered. And I want to give a lower level
> more applied talk.
>
> Maybe I should outline the topics I want to cover:
> - The problem of so many users and machines
> - What solutions are there available (What are people doing and what
> have they done)
> - Some history of the problem
> - How ldap came along
> - How ldap can be implemented on CentOS ONLY (Server and Client)
> - Problems with this approach
> - And future outlook
>
> This is a ruff outline of my talk.
>
> I am sorry these slides showed up.
>
> I hope this clarified the mater a little more. I can promise I will
> not mention windows a single time.
>
> Cheers Didi
>
> ----
> www.ribalba.de
> Email / Jabber: ribalba at gmail.com
> Skype : ribalba

Great ! That's surely an interesting presentation. By chance, have you
considered running (Free)IPA or CDS/FDS/RHDS as the ldap solution ? If
so can you talk about your conclusions/pros/cons ?

Have you already a wiki login to edit the Fosdem2009 page because i need
some informations to be filled in before end of this week (see my mail
to the list regarding deadline for speakers/presentations) ?
Thanks again.

PS : is it possible (if it's not the case) to subscribe also to the
centos-promo list so that the discussion can be centralized ? thanks

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>