[CentOS-promo] Talk at Fosdem

Didi Hoffmann ribalba at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:34:03 UTC 2009

On 7 Jan 2009, at 06:11, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> Didi wrote:
>> Hey
>>> I've read your presentation available here (if i'm not wrong) :
>>> http://dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/staff/ghoffman/papers/talks/Hepix08/hepix08.pdf
>> This is a presentation I gave for managers at Hepix this has nothing
>> to do with the talk I wanted to give at Fosdem. You are totally right
>> in saying that this has nothing to do with an event like this. And I
>> never indented to use any of these slides.
>>> So can you clarify this a little bit on your side ?
>> Even if it is not mentioned on the slides there are still Linux
>> OpenLDAP server that I administered. And I want to give a lower level
>> more applied talk.
>> Maybe I should outline the topics I want to cover:
>> - The problem of so many users and machines
>> - What solutions are there available (What are people doing and what
>> have they done)
>> - Some history of the problem
>> - How ldap came along
>> - How ldap can be implemented on CentOS ONLY (Server and Client)
>> - Problems with this approach
>> - And future outlook
>> This is a ruff outline of my talk.
>> I am sorry these slides showed up.
>> I hope this clarified the mater a little more. I can promise I will
>> not mention windows a single time.
>> Cheers Didi
>> ----
>> www.ribalba.de
>> Email / Jabber: ribalba at gmail.com
>> Skype : ribalba
>
> Great ! That's surely an interesting presentation. By chance, have
> you considered running (Free)IPA or CDS/FDS/RHDS as the ldap
> solution ? If so can you talk about your conclusions/pros/cons ?
I wanted to mention that in other solutions. I can do some more
research on this topic if this is of particular interest?

> Have you already a wiki login to edit the Fosdem2009 page because i
> need some informations to be filled in before end of this week (see
> my mail to the list regarding deadline for speakers/presentations) ?
> Thanks again.
Yes my wiki name is GeerdDietgerHoffmann I am already signed up as a
helper :) Shall I edit the wiki and include my details for the
presentation like Dag and you did?

> PS : is it possible (if it's not the case) to subscribe also to the
> centos-promo list so that the discussion can be centralized ? thanks
Am subscribed and reading it ;)

Cheers Didi