[CentOS-promo] FrOSCon 2009 - Cleaning up the mess

Mon May 25 15:04:21 UTC 2009
Andreas Rogge <a.rogge at solvention.de>

Hi Everybody,

I apologize for having messed this up. I absolutely missed the Call for
Papers. I would have also missed the Call for Projects, if Ralph didn't
say a word.
I could argue that the timeframes are too short and complain about
everything, but after all it is my fault. And thus, I'll try to clean
that mess up.

The FrOSCon deadline for the project registration is 30.05.2009. My
personal deadline for that is 27.05.2009 24:00 CEST. So if we want to
decide any fundamental stuff, we need to do it quickly.

Has anyone of you (besides Didi) had a chance to submit a Paper in time?

Does anyone want to give a talk/lecture/workshop/whatever? If we can
fill half a day I can try to get a devroom where we can do it.
I can offer my talk about diskless CentOS with iSCSI and a
workshop/demonstration afterwards (about 1 hour).

As I'll need a rough estimate of the number of people, I'd really
appreciate if everyone who is willing to help out could tell me as soon
as possible. One or two people more or less aren't a big deal, but last
year we had one desk and two chairs for about six people...

I'll also ask on the centos-de Mailinglist if there are more people who
want to help out.

With the information I currently have I would order two desks, five
chairs and a movable wall for posters.
We can also have a bar table which we could probably place somewhere in
front of our booth. Maybe this is a good idea, what do you think?

A few dumb questions from a first-time project registree to the more
expierienced people:
Is there an official project description for CentOS? Is the PressKit[1]
from the Wiki up-to-date/ok to use?
What logo should I use for the registration? Of course, I can just use
the standard-logo[2], but that somehow doesn't "feel" right.

Regards,
Andreas

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Promo/PressKit
[2] http://wiki.centos.org/wiki/common/modern-CentOS-logo.png