[CentOS-promo] LinuxTag lets change it

Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann ribalba at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 13:56:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 15.11.09 14:17, schrieb Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann:
>> For the people who attended LinuxTag. Sorry I can't find a english
>> version. Was there something we would want to change?
>>
>> http://wiki.linuxtag.org/w/Call_for_Participation_2010
>
> I think it's not about what *we* - the participants - want to change, it
> is mor about how who (if interested) can help to make Linuxtag 2010
> happen at all.

True. But we (as in CentOS promo) are visitors too and we have the
infra to change things, like offer a LinuxTag WiiMote presentation
LiveCD :) Maybe someone has a good idea and wants to help.

>> Who wants to take the lead for the 2010 one?
>
> I can still do that, this time I hopefully also be able to attend :)

Cool. :)

>> https://vcc.linuxtag.org/
>>
>> Maybe we should get some CentOS talks into there? Someone got some ideas?
>
> They don't take "OS talks", so it has to be something either more in
> depth or aimed at beginners.

But it would be good to have people from the community give talks and
so promote CentOS. If we (as in CentOS) are just mentioned a few times
we might get a bigger user base :)

I will have to think of something that isn't blatantly a "What is
CentOS talk" but still needs CentOS and I can sneak in a few slides
about CentOS :)

Cheers Didi