[CentOS-promo] [FrOSCon2010] Staff announced / generic information

Andreas Rogge a.rogge at solvention.de
Wed Aug 11 08:17:12 EDT 2010

Am 11.08.2010 13:21, schrieb didi:
> Yes she did. The problem is that some people voiced to opinion that
> polo shirts would be better suited for something like CentOS. I looked
> into that and they are quite expensive (For the money in the promo box
> we can get about 15 I think). I don't want to make that decision on my
> own.
>
> Maybe now is the time to discuss this?

I guess it is.

Do you own a polo-shirt and when did you wear it for the last time? I
don't have one, and I don't remember knowing anyone who regularly wears
one...

Additionally a polo with a printed logo looks weird (at least for me). A
pattern would be ok, but IMO a logo on a polo should be rather small and
trimmed with piping.

Thus I'd suggest the following: _If_ we're going down the polo-road we
should actually order CentOS Patches (which shouldn't be that expensive)
and polo-shirts separately. We'll probably be able to find someone with
the required sewing-skills...
However, I guess it is still more expensive. I can probably get rather
good polo shirts (Fruit of the Loom) for around 9 EUR each - the printed
shirts cost around 11 EUR (both excl. vat).

So if somebody comes up with a <= 2 EUR CentOS-Patch and a worker
willing to sew them for free, at least the price would be competitive.

Regards,
Andreas