[CentOS-promo] Hallo from a new subscriber

Sun Aug 28 18:51:00 UTC 2011
Bert Desmet <biertie at fedoraproject.org>

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net> wrote:

> Hoi Bert,
>
> > If you would decide to host such an event in Belgium, don't forget to
> > ping me, I think I know the perfect location for a 2 day summit in
> > Ghent, for a smaller group (max 100p/day).
>
> Never heard of Ghent. Google shows me 'Gent' which I have heard of. Is
> that 'op de weg' tussen Oostende en Antwerpen Kennedy Tunnel ?

it seems you are more Dutch (or Flemish) than I thought, Ghent is just the
English name for Gent :-)
Anyway, yes, it's a nice city, not expensive, university and colleges, tech
companies, everything you want.

> I was thinking of 7 days with the main event in the middle of those 7
> days. This would allow those with little time to attend only the main
> event and the others, with more time, to arrive early and depart late,
> explore the place and attend 'fringe' events and generally relax and
> enjoy themselves.

if you want to do a 7 days event (which is very long, and I'm not sure if a
lot of people would want to take a whole week off) we should do it during a
school holiday and try to host it in the buildings of $college I think.
But as I said, from my Fedora -FUDCon- experiences, 3 or 4 days is already
enough to host talks, brainstorm sessions and more.
You can not forget how costly such an event is, even if you try to make it
low budget.

> Is camping aanwezig in de buurt van Gent of de huur locatie ?

sure, I just don't know any - but I know people who go camping a lot, so
that's covered :-)