[CentOS-promo] DVD Media / Any needed before 6.3 release?

Tue Feb 7 16:26:14 UTC 2012
Andreas Rogge <a.rogge at solvention.de>

Am 07.02.2012 16:10, schrieb Khusro Jaleel:
> On 02/07/2012 11:14 AM, Andreas Rogge wrote:
>> However, I do propose to merge x86_64 and i386 Live DVDs. They will both
>> fit onto a single-layer DVD.
>> That would bring us from 4 different Images down to three.
>
> Could we do i386/x86_64 Install as well? That would be cool too. Then
> it's simply 2 images and we can give simpler instructions to people at
> conferences: If you want to play around before installing, use the Live
> one, otherwise use the Install one.

I cannot see how that could work. For i386 and x86_64 there are already
two DVDs each (Although you need only the first one for the installation).
AFAICT (correct me if I'm wrong) Fedora does that also only for live
media. They put a series of different live CDs onto a DVD.
But that's not an install disk, but only an installable live disk.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Solvention Ltd. & Co. KG