[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at Bangalore & Pune , India

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 07:44:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

This is the first time that I am mailing to this list. So I believe a
small introduction may be good.

My name is Rejy M Cyriac (rmc), and I work in Quality Engineering at Red
Hat, Bangalore office. I have used CentOS a lot in the early days, and
then RHEL and Fedora took up most of my time. But I have been following
the CentOS space always, and especially have taken particular attention
to explain to interested folks on how Fedora, RHEL, and CentOS are all
part of the same ecosystem. And so I was pretty overjoyed when I heard
the news of the new closer relationship between Red Hat and CentOS.

Ever since, I have been thinking how exciting it would be to contribute
to organising CentOS Dojo(s) in India. I got to know from Karanbir Singh
that there have been some initial movements in setting up a CentOS Dojo
at Bangalore, and that it would be desirable to have a Dojo at Pune too.
There are quite a lot of folks at the Red Hat offices in Bangalore and
Pune who would be interested in contributing to this.

I had an initial discussion with some interested folks at the Red Hat
Bangalore office, and two Red Hatters - Dominic Geevarghese and
Neependra Khare - have volunteered from the Bangalore office to take the
lead in working with the CentOS community to organize a Dojo at
Bangalore this year. If there is no venue set for the event as yet, we
could consider the use of the Red Hat Bangalore office for conducting
the event. Dominic <share2dom at gmail.com> and Neependra
also been copied into this mail.

We can also work together to have a Dojo at Pune, and I working on a
contact person from the Red Hat Pune office for this. I believe there is
interest in the CentOS community for this, right ?

I hope that this is the right forum to discuss these things. I would be
very happy to hear views from folks here, on these proposals.

--
Regards,

Rejy M Cyriac (rmc)