[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at Bangalore & Pune , India

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 11:16:39 UTC 2014

On 07/03/2014 02:58 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> On 03/05/2014 12:55 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 03/05/2014 06:25 AM, Rejy M Cyriac wrote:
>>> Do we have a venue and date set for conducting the Dojo at Bangalore
>>> this year ?
> I would recommend to organise the Dojos in Pune and Bangalore around
> same time i.e few days apart, so that  it would be easier for members
> from CentOS travel to India once and attend both the Dojos. I think Pune
> Dojo is planned around 1st week of November and we can plan Bangalore
> Dojo around that time too.
>
> Comments/feedback?
>
>> not as yet, and the people I was talking with seem to have either
>> changed their mind or dont want to host it anymore. Can we use the
>> redhat offices ?

I have got confirmation that we can host  CentOS Dojo in  Red Hat
offices in Bangalore and Pune. The proposed dates for the Dojos are as
below.

Bangalore: November 15th 2014
Pune:         November 22nd 2014

We are in the process of getting sponsors for lunch.
>> Are hands-on workshops generally done in a Dojo ?
>> That can also be done, typically a Dojo will have :
>> - User stories, where people have been able to do interesting stuff with
>> CentOS Linux as the platform
>> - Technical in depth conversations about something that ships in CentOS
>> - Tutorials / tunning / deployment howto's.
>>
>> We've even had a hack session at the dojo in Brussles earlier this year,
>> which was a success for most part.

We are now in need of speakers for CentOS Dojo in Bangalore [1] and Pune
[2]. Please refer the links [1] [2] for contact details if you are
interested to speak in these events.

Typically a Dojo will have :

  * User stories around CentOS.
  * Interesting stuff with CentOS as the platform.
  * Technical in depth conversations about something that ships in CentOS.
  * Tutorials / tunning / deployment howto's.
  * Hack sessions/ workshops.

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/Bangalore2014
[2] http://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/Pune2014

Thanks,