[CentOS-promo] posting to the blog

Wed Mar 31 19:36:34 UTC 2021
Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>

I'm +1 and I like this idea in general, it's the project's blog and we
want to have more content on there. SIGs for sure need access and some
latitude.

I'm wondering if it would be reasonable to ask everyone who is
publishing to the blog to (practically-always) include a review step?
Have another person such as a fellow SIG member read it through before
publishing?

A review step can use the built-in Wordpress "Status: Pending Review",
which is one of three states along with "Draft" and "Published". So it's
a human process—when you are done writing, you put it in the state
Pending Review, then ask someone else to review it. Once that is done,
you or that person can change it to Published.

(This also helps make sure actual Drafts aren't cold-dropped by
accident, if the process is to only change to Published from Pending
Review.)

The consideration behind my suggestiong is because the blog is treated
as an official voice of the Project, we can expect folks inside and
outside of the community to think the same. This is the reason we _tend_
to have at least one other person review a post before it goes live;
some posts go through a lot of review and revision, depending on its nature.

This suggesting is a way to scale the reviewing that already happens
without adding much process to anyone's day.

Regards,

- Karsten