[CentOS-promo] posting to the blog

Wed Mar 31 20:05:51 UTC 2021
Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>

Thanks David for letting me piggyback on your request. I figured you
were already reviewing with others, it just gives us all a chance to
think about the wider needs.

Being lightweight is great, this is open source software, no medical IoT
devices are dependent on the accuracy of our blog posts. :)

I agree that a shared editor like hackmd is quite nice for collaborating
with folks. All the blog posts I work on are in a separate writing
environment until the end, and the "review" in WordPress is mostly
formatting and the occasional thing that suddenly is obvious on the
rendered page.

In such cases, the "Status: Pending Review" might be a good way to queue
things up, e.g. if a queue was needed for multiple SIGs wanting Rich to
give a once-over before publishing. (If the publish-on-schedule is set,
the reviewer can change state to "Published" and the automagic puts it
out when the blog author is expecting it to happen.)

Regards,

- Karsten

>>> Davide