[CentOS-promo] Timing: Re: CentOS Stream 9 "launch" promotion

Mon Nov 29 19:10:47 UTC 2021
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

On 11/18/21 20:18, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> Whatever the solution for these problems be, it should
> preserve the CentOS Symbol meaning without affecting its presentation
> when the symbol is reduced to 16x16 pixels. The CentOS Symbol meaning
> must be clearly expressed on that size. It must shine on that size!
>
> Considering the problems mentioned earlier and the timelines, I would
> propose to prepare the CentOS Stream 9 launch using the historical
> CentOS Symbol, until we find a solution. Note, that the historical
> CentOS Symbol suffers these problems as well, but it is more
> recognizable than the new one. I prefer to introduce the new symbol to
> CentOS distribution when it does provide a benefit. As consequence, and
> to be consistent through all visual manifestations, the historical
> CentOS Symbol should be preserved on websites and promotion materials.
>
> Don't know if such thing is possible considering the intention and
> immediate need of having the new brand active. I hope we can "as soon
> as we are ready to do so" [1]
>
> [1]https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/4#comment-483

If you're ok with going out with the old logo, and updating later, I'm
fine with that. Do you think we can launch the blog post and website
later this week? Tuesday or Wednesday, perhaps? Is that something we can
get done?

--Rich