[CentOS-promo] CentOS Stream Leaflet for FOSDEM

Thu Jan 5 19:47:47 UTC 2023
Davide Cavalca <dcavalca at centosproject.org>

[re-sending from the right address for the list, apologies for the
noise]

On 2023-01-05 04:14, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I have started the work on the leaflet describing CentOS Stream, so
> that we can distribute it at the next CentOS Connect and FOSDEM.
>
> The leaflet is loosely based on the talk I gave at FOSDEM 2022.
>
> What I think I need to make things work:
>
> 1) I'd like to get a repo in CentOS infra where I can publish sources
> of the leaflet (it is LaTeX, btw)
>
> I filed a ticket for this but maybe it is a wrong place:
>
> * https://git.centos.org/centos/Artwork/issue/23
>
> Once I upload the sources,
>
> 2) I need folks to review and contribute to them, especially in the
> section which mentions SIGs.

Happy to help review this once a draft is available.

> 3) I need to understand if the pdf format is good enough for printing
> the leaflet or there something else we should do to prepare the data?

Yeah, a regular PDF is usually good enough. Some DTP programs can also
produce a print-ready PDF (which usually means embedding fonts, using
CYMK for pictures and outputting a PDF/X), but that shouldn't matter
unless you need perfect fidelity.

> 4) I need someone to print it and bring to Brussels
>
> I may be can use our Düsseldorf office to do it myself, but there
> might be better ways.

Having done this before, it is _a lot_ easier if we can get something
printed on site, rather than carrying a suitcase full of paperwork. Daan
(in CC) is local and might be able to help us here -- it's usually a
matter of finding a copy shop that's willing to do it. With my Meta hat
on -- we're happy to foot the bill for this if needed.

Cheers
Davide