[CentOS-virt] xen dependencies

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Sun Dec 30 19:29:35 UTC 2007

>That just sounds like random testing, if you dont have the specifics on
>what you consider to be a minimal install along with package lists, you
>are not going to get anything that is reproduce able as a means to get
>Xen working with minimal install.

Easy killer, I am documenting what I choose to install versus not, it's hardly random. Two installs done one with my stuff checked and a #yum install xen (noted what was added) and another done without making any changes to the default install, then running #yum install xen (noted what was installed, it was the same) produced different results.

>All you are trying to do, my guess is, work out what is the
>minimal packageset required to get a functional Xen based virt setup in
>your environment.
>
>--
>Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219 at icq

Exactly, I don't want sendmail and VoIP clients etc. I am assuming if I choose to manage all the guests manually I don't need a gui.

Thanks,
jlc