[CentOS-virt] xen dom0/domU network speed

David Kostal david.kostal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 07:21:47 UTC 2007

Hi all,
so if anyone encounters this issue, there is some hint:)

> So my question is more like - is there anyone who can get 1Gbps
> throuput on domU (or Dom0) eth0  under Xen?
>
> Or do I have to assign the network card HW directly to the dom0/domU
> where I need full network speed?

It seems that for DomU there must be dedicated NIC assigned to each
guest to reach 1Gbps (or more).

For Dom0 the solution is to simply forget about vethX/vif0.X pairs and
assign the IP of dom0 directly to bridge device (if you use bridging).
 Than everything's fast again.

david.kostal at gmail.com
----+