[CentOS-virt] KVM + bridge + static ip address

Fri Aug 8 18:31:15 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Raymond C. Rodgers wrote on Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:27:50 -0700:

> My company recently rented a server on which CentOS 5.0 is installed,
> and my goal is to set up a virtualized instance of CentOS for a new
> employee to tinker and learn on before I let him have hands on the real
> server.

If you are both so new to this then simply virt-install a CentOS VM. It
will work out of the box without using brctl and what else. If not already
in use, switch to the xen kernel for this.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany