[CentOS-virt] xen 3.2

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 22:12:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Daniel de Kok <me at danieldk.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Justin Lim <jlim0930 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any ideal when 3.2 xen will be avail for centos?
>
> When the upstream distribution provides it. I am not sure if it is on
> their roadmap. Of course, you could also use Xen 3.2 from XenSource,
> but that's not supported here.
>
> Take care,
> Daniel

I was at a recent Linux convention and it seemed very likely that Xen is no
longer Redhat's priority at all and would love to put KVM in it's place. The
Redhat rep was very adamant about KVMs superiority over Xen and the amount
of unnecessary work to integrate Xen into their kernels. Some day when KVM
will actually do what Xen does (and do it reliably!) Xen may not be an easy
option.

Grant