[CentOS-virt] VMWare - 5.2 Update - Kernel Best Practices

Thu Jun 26 21:43:43 UTC 2008
John Thomas <gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com>

David Hollis wrote:
> Is there any detail on when you would actually need to use the
> clocksource= option?  I'd love to not have to deal with the kernel-vm
> packages since there doesn't appear to be a repo for them yet and if you
> have other requirements like kmod-drbd you have to manually rebuild
> those.

I use clocksource=pit because my VM clocks ran WAY fast without it.
They still run a bit fast (1 second per 6 hours type of thing).  If you
do not use a clocksource option, how are your clocks?

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas