[CentOS-virt] VMWare - 5.2 Update - Kernel Best Practices

Thu Jun 26 22:07:20 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:43 PM, John Thomas
<gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com> wrote:
> David Hollis wrote:
>>
>> Is there any detail on when you would actually need to use the
>> clocksource= option?  I'd love to not have to deal with the kernel-vm
>> packages since there doesn't appear to be a repo for them yet and if you
>> have other requirements like kmod-drbd you have to manually rebuild
>> those.
>
> I use clocksource=pit because my VM clocks ran WAY fast without it. They
> still run a bit fast (1 second per 6 hours type of thing).  If you do not
> use a clocksource option, how are your clocks?

Yes, clocksource=pit is needed IF your clock goes faster.  If the
clock tends to go slower, use of the divider= option should do the
trick.

Akemi