[CentOS-virt] DHCP for Xen VMs

Sun Mar 23 23:29:47 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

Assuming you have a DHCP server on the local net, maybe ip tables in the dom0 is blocking the dhcp traffic?

Did you configure xend to do bridged or nat'd? Default is bridged.

-Ross

----- Original Message -----
From: centos-virt-bounces at centos.org <centos-virt-bounces at centos.org>
To: centos-virt at centos.org <centos-virt at centos.org>
Sent: Sun Mar 23 18:31:15 2008
Subject: Re: [CentOS-virt] DHCP for Xen VMs

Ross S. W. Walker wrote on Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:59:17 -0400:

> Configure the Xen VM to use the xen managed network xenbr0 instead of the
> libvirt managed network virbr0.

Unfortunately, doesn't work for me. If I change to xenbr0 the VM doesn't
get an IP address. And as I'm having problems with the keymap I can't even
look at the logs at the moment. If I set an IP address in the same subnet
manually it works, but dhclient doesn't set one. Any ideas?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany