[CentOS-virt] DHCP for Xen VMs

Mon Mar 24 13:41:42 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Ross S. W. Walker wrote on Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:29:47 -0400:

> Assuming you have a DHCP server on the local net, maybe ip tables in the dom0
is blocking the dhcp traffic?

> Did you configure xend to do bridged or nat'd? Default is bridged.

Well, networking *does* work if I set an IP address manually and as I can reach
it then from other machines it must be bridged. The problem is that I don't get
an IP address when using dhcp :-(
I wasn't aware that iptables is on and preconfigured in a domU that got setup
with CentOS 5.1 virt-manager. Unfortunately, shutting it off doesn't solve the
problem. Logging shows that the server gets a request from that MAC address and
offers an IP address, but the client doesn't receive it. There's no firewall
between the two, but the offer doesn't get back to the client somehow.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany