[CentOS-virt] Need Help with Xen Please

Jason Taylor cto at hostbigger.com
Tue Nov 18 10:47:09 UTC 2008

I used yum to install xen and xen-kernel  I then edited the grub config and
rebooted the server.  Using uname -r I verified I was in the right kernel.

I proceeded to use virt-install (and later virt-install --nographics and
virt-install --vnc) and none of them will install the guest. It always fails
saying that there is no console and to reconnect.

Using xm console ##  I try to connect to the console but am given the
following error in the qemu log:

qemu: the number of cpus is 1

 *** image /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/5/768 format raw driver

 *** image /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/5/5632 format raw driver

 0x80e7940 Watching /local/domain/5/logdirty/next-active

 Could not initialize SDL - exiting