[CentOS-virt] Need Help with Xen Please

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Tue Nov 18 11:41:27 UTC 2008

Jason Taylor wrote:
> Kai:
>
> I used yum to install xen and xen-kernel  I then edited the grub config and
> rebooted the server.  Using uname -r I verified I was in the right kernel.
>

> I proceeded to use virt-install (and later virt-install --nographics and
> virt-install --vnc) and none of them will install the guest. It always fails
> saying that there is no console and to reconnect.

When you connect to the Centos server from your remote console you said before that you're
using ssh.  Is this from another Linux system?  You need to ensure that you have access to
your local graphical interface from the remote server i.e. that you have a valid DISPLAY
variable set.  If "echo $DISPLAY" returns an empty string then maybe you just need to do
"ssh -X centos_server" when connecting so that ssh will forward the X11 back to your
display.  Then virt-manager should work.

Then again I might be misunderstanding the problem.

Brett