[CentOS-virt] XEN: pc reboots when tries to start up X while running the xen kernel

walied arulandu walied.arulandu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 22:32:48 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Has anyone had this issue.

I performed a basic install of centos 5.2 then install kernel-xen xen
virt-manager. When I reboot the pc to us the xen kernal as soon as it tries
to start X the pc reboots. I then disable X on start by editing teh
/etc/inittab file. No it boot in runlevel 3 but when I start up X from the
command line it does the same the pc reboots.

I am running a an Intel Johannesburg Executive series motherboard with
onboard graphics and an Intel E8400 processor which supputs VT tech and is
recommended by Red Hat linux.

Does anyone why it would just reboot when starting X.

Please advise.

thx.