[CentOS-virt] Machine freeze

Maros Timko

timkom at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:32:48 UTC 2009

Hi all,

thanks to all for valuable replies.
It seems like we identified the issue. We assured that it is not HW related
as it was already reproduced on different machines and platforms, with
different BIOS versions.
We are running a system performance/statistics collector that executes
"xentop" command on Dom0 regularly. This is causing issues. If we execute:
xentop -b -d 0.1 > /dev/null
in multiple instances, it will freeze the system.
It was reproduced on CentOS 5.3 (kernel-xen-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5) system.
There is created a bug for this issue:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3454

With regards,

Tino