[CentOS-virt] current state of kvm for centos-5

Thu Feb 5 14:41:58 UTC 2009
Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org>

hi,
after a long time it seems the current packages which needed for kvm on
centos-5 host seems to working (ie. worth to change). my repo:
http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/centos/5/SRPMS/
contains the current set of rpms what we use (about a week):
-----------------------------
libvirt-0.6.0-1
python-virtinst-0.400.1-1
virt-manager-0.6.1-1
virt-top-1.0.1-7.el5
virt-viewer-0.0.3-3
qemu-img-0.9.1-12
kvm-83-1
kmod-kvm-83-1
etherboot-5.4.4-8
-----------------------------
you can download x86_64 binary rpms too.
these are mostly the fedora src.rpms rebuild on el5 with small
modifications.
imho it'd be useful to add centos's extras repo too, since these are a
huge step even for the current rhel-5.3's rpms and the current kvm-36
which is in extras. these are usable on centos-5.2, so can be added to
it's extras repo, but there will be some patches in the coming
centos-5.3's kernel-2.6.18-128.el5 (eg. virtio) which has some more
benefit too.
any comments?
how are willing to add it to centos?
yours.