[CentOS-virt] fully virt Xen DomU network question

Wed Jun 24 16:52:16 UTC 2009
Christopher G. Stach II <cgs at ldsys.net>

----- "Coert Waagmeester" <lgroups at waagmeester.co.za> wrote:

> Hello all fellow CentOS users!
>
> I have a working xen setup with 3 paravirt domUs and one Windblows
> 2003
> fully virt domU.
>

> There are to virtual networks.
>
> As far as I can tell in the paravirt Linux DomUs I have gigabit
> networking, but not in the fully virt Windows 2003 domU....
>
> Is there a setting for this, or is it not yet supported?

Are you talking about the virtual network interface appearing to be 100Mbps?  If so, that's just how it is because the qemu driver is written to emulate a Realtek card, which happens to be 100Mbps.  A PV interface will look exactly like the underlying hardware.

--
Christopher G. Stach II