[CentOS-virt] fully virt Xen DomU network question

Fri Jun 26 07:19:57 UTC 2009
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Coert Waagmeester wrote:
> Hello all fellow CentOS users!
>
> I have a working xen setup with 3 paravirt domUs and one Windblows 2003
> fully virt domU.
>

> There are to virtual networks.
>
> As far as I can tell in the paravirt Linux DomUs I have gigabit
> networking, but not in the fully virt Windows 2003 domU....
>
> Is there a setting for this, or is it not yet supported?

That's not on the dom0 side, but directly in the w2k3 domU .. : you'll
get *bad* performances (at IO and network level) if the xenpv drivers
for Windows aren't installed .. Unfortunately you will not be able to
find them for CentOS. (While Upstream have them of course)

Fabian Arrotin
  idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain`
  test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init 6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh