[CentOS-virt] Question - Xen host, DHCPD and guest VMs

Ben M. centos at rivint.com
Fri Nov 6 17:21:34 UTC 2009

In both my office and home network I DHCP off of the perimeter
router/firewalls. Works fine. More than one DHCP server on a network is
always problematic. On my office network, once I have the lease on a
device, I can force its mac address to an IP address in effect creating
a static IP without touching the guest's nic setup and not having to
worry about future DNS server, routing, or gateway changes setups on
guests and other dhcp clients.